- Damn Dirty Grains by Robb Wolf
- A former research biochemist and expert in paleolithic nutrition. Also a former California State Powerlifting Champion, and current co-owner of NorCal Strength & Conditioning, one of the Men’s Health “top 30 gyms in America. Likewise, his emphasis is on improving athletic performance and tackling general health problems through paleo nutrition coaching. Article Highlight: "Most of the problems related to grain consumption can be lumped into one of two categories: those related to hyperinsulinemia and those related to irritant/toxicant properties inherent to grains."
- Against the Grain: 10 Reasons to Give Up Grains by Jenny of Nourished Kitchen
- Co-founder of large Colorado Farmers' Market, advocate of high-quality, local foods; Nourished Kitchen’s goal is to promote sustainable agriculture and nutrient-dense, whole foods in everyday kitchens. Article Highlight: "Grains aren't good for your gut...or for your joints, teeth or skin... they cause inflammation..."
- The Awful Truth About Eating Grains by Joseph Mercola
- Controversial but extremely informative and impassioned... love him or hate him. Advocate of health and nutrition strategies contrary to established doctrine, heavily trafficked website is an excellent resource. Article Highlight: "If you have digestive problems or suffer some of the classic autoimmune reactions (e.g. allergies) consider the possibilities that grains may be problematical."
- Should More of us Steer Clear of Wheat? by Jerome Burne
- "...the immune reaction to gluten that damages the gut in [celiac's disease] can also cause problems almost anywhere else in the body...while the gluten antibodies can damage the bowels, they can also cause problems elsewhere."
- Why Grains Are Unhealthy by Mark Sisson
- Founder of Mark's Daily Apple and author of The Primal Blueprint, Mark has garnered a huge following, improving the lives of thousands through his "primal lifestyle" - a version of the paleo diet combined with smart exercise and lifestyle habits. Article Highlight: "the fundamental problem with grains is that they are a distinctly Neolithic food that the human animal has yet to adapt to consuming... a diet very low or entirely without grains (low-carb) has been shown to decrease risk for problems associated with diabetes, to lower blood pressure, alleviate heartburn symptoms, and shed abdominal fat."
- Going Against the Grain: How Reducing and Avoiding Grains Can Revitalize Your Health (Book) by Melissa Smith
- [from Amazon.com]: "Diets high in grains can lead to a host of health problems such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, fatigue, and more...'Smith has courageously and accurately tackled what has emerged as America's primary food-related health problem: disease and obesity attributable to the regular consumption of high-calorie, nutrient-poor, immune-disruptive grains.' -Kenneth D. Fine, M.D., gluten sensitivity researcher and director of The Intestinal Health Institute, Dallas"
- Dangerous Grains: Why Gluten Cereal Grains May Be Hazardous To Your Health (Book) by James Braly, M.D. and Ron Hoggan, M.A.
- [from Amazon.com]: "The authors, leading experts in the field of food allergies, and celiac disease, present compelling evidence that our grain-centered diet is to blame for a host of chronic illnesses..."
- "Contains more than a dozen case histories of people who have recovered from a wide variety of chronic conditions - back pain, chronic fatigue, the auto-immune disorder lupus - simply by following a gluten-free diet."